Bad Breath Disease; How Not to Be a Victim
You wouldn’t want to be suffering from embarrassment caused by having bad breath, right? Well, we all do. And that’s why we always want to make sure that our breath is fresh and our mouth is always clean. Yeah, proper oral hygiene is the key to keeping bad breath at bay. But, guess what? Just merely having an oral regimen is not enough to fight off anaerobic bacteria. You need to have proper knowledge of this condition so you’ll know exactly what to do whenever bad breath strikes. Yes, bad breath disease can strike from time to time. And it’s what you should be prepared for.
Gums Grow Back After Receding
The first thing that you need is know what bad breath disease really is. There are lots of resources out there where you can find complete information about halitosis, or what commonly known as bad breath. You can search the internet, read some books and magazines about oral health or you can go directly to your dentist and ask about it. And along with finding information about bad breath, you will also learn about the different things that may cause bad breath. Additional info
So what are the culprits? Here are some:
• Tooth Decay – if one or two of your teeth have decay, you can expect to have unpleasant breath odor.
• Periodontal Disease – also known as gum disease; if you have any problem with your gums, you are most likely to have bad breath
• Plaque – when you have plaque or even some food particles between your teeth, there is a high risk that you will have bad breath
• Dry Mouth – we need saliva to wash out the foods in our mouth but if you have dry mouth,
these food particles will remain there and cause unpleasant odor
• Tonsil or Throat Infection – some problems in the throat are also known to cause bad breath
If you are already suspecting that you have bad breath, it is better that you really consult a dentist. Your dentist will know what steps to take to solve your problem. Usually, a prophylaxis will be performed to see if dental plaque or food stagnation is the cause of bad breath. Now, in case there is no oral cause identified, you may need to visit other clinics that specialize in breath odor problems. Or maybe, you are just being too conscious about your breath and the problem is psychological.
But, you know what? Having a fresher breath actually depends on your oral hygiene and how you take care of yourself. The following are some of the things that you can do to keep your breath always smelling good;
• Don’t just brush – plain brushing is not enough to clean the teeth and mouth; in addition, you need to floss or other special brushes as per your dentist’s recommendation to make sure that hard-to-reach areas in the mouth are also cleaned thoroughly.
• Clean the tongue – dental experts recommend that you use tongue cleaners to clean your tongue up to the back areas since this is where odor-causing bacteria live.
• Mouthwash it – before sleeping or each time you can’t brush after meal, it is advisable to use mouthwash.
• Proper diet – eating fresh and fibrous vegetables will help you maintain clean mouth all the time. Avoiding too much coffee will also help.
• Drink more water – drinking lots of water will help your body produce more saliva which is needed to flush the food particles in the mouth.